Real Estate Administrator - Washington, DC
Cogent Communications is a multinational, Tier 1 facilities-based ISP, consistently ranked as one of the top five networks in the world and is publicly traded on the NASDAQ Stock Market under the ticker symbol CCOI. Cogent specializes in providing businesses with high speed Internet access and Ethernet transport services. Cogent's facilities-based, all-optical IP network backbone provides IP services in over 204 markets globally. Since its inception, Cogent has unleashed the benefits of IP technology, building one of the largest and highest capacity IP networks in the world. This network enables Cogent to offer large bandwidth connections at highly competitive prices. Cogent also offers superior customer support by virtue of its end-to-end control of service delivery and network monitoring. Cogent offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package that takes effect within 30 days of employment. Matching 401k and stock options are also included.
- Contract administration - Process and route internally real estate agreements for execution by Cogent, send agreements out for counter execution, track documents until returned fully executed, and add fully executed documents to legal database. Maintain business relationships with Landlords and Property Managers to respond to inquiries and address any issues that may arise
- Collection and archive of contracts and continual update of internal databases
- Prepare and send out renewal notices of agreements
- Maintain Real Estate filing system (file, and retrieve records as needed and ensure system is well organized)
- Respond to COI (Certificate of Insurance) requests
- Responsible for receiving and sorting incoming mail/email and reviewing for items requiring attention
- Verification and processing of vendor invoices for payment
- Prepare various lease payment schedules
- Daily update and maintenance of proprietary systems/databases
- Reconciling invoices, tracking of billing disputes, and other financial reporting related to Real Estate contracts
Reports to the Senior Manager of Real Estate Administration, this position requires working closely with different departments internally (e.g., Finance, Accounting, Legal, etc.) and real estate partners/vendors externally to ensure a smooth implementation and administration of Cogent’s Real Estate agreements. The ideal candidate will be well-organized, extremely detail-oriented and able to change priorities without impact to work quality.
Salary range: $50k-$55k.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong computer skills -- Microsoft Office suite, Excel, Word
- General knowledge of finance and accounting theory/methods
- 2-5 years of Accounts Payable experience
- Knowledge of Great Plains - A/P module preferred
- Basic knowledge of real estate agreements and terms
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Cogent Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.