Director, Carrier Relations for North America - Washington, DC
Cogent Communications is a multinational, Tier 1 facilities-based ISP, consistently ranked as one of the top five networks in the world and is publicly traded on the NASDAQ Stock Market under the ticker symbol CCOI. Cogent specializes in providing businesses with high speed Internet access and Ethernet transport services. Cogent's facilities-based, all-optical IP network backbone provides IP services in over 204 markets globally. Since its inception, Cogent has unleashed the benefits of IP technology, building one of the largest and highest capacity IP networks in the world. This network enables Cogent to offer large bandwidth connections at highly competitive prices. Cogent also offers superior customer support by virtue of its end-to-end control of service delivery and network monitoring. Cogent offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package that takes effect within 30 days of employment. Matching 401k and stock options are also included.
Cogent Communications is looking for an experienced manager in vendor relationships with demonstrable negotiating skills to manage our Carrier Relations. The position is to be based out of our Washington DC Headquarters and will report directly to our VP of Service Delivery & Operations.
This position is responsible for the management of the Carrier Relations organization. This includes managing the business relationship, vendor selection, expansion, and identifying areas for growth. Director, Carrier Relations is also responsible for delivering improvements in contract terms; provide analysis, and direct negotiations with senior decision makers.
- Primary negotiator of all Type II vendor agreements with nationwide telecommunications providers and other suppliers as required.
- Manage all carrier/vendor relationships and performance, identify new service providers to extend the reach of Cogent services, handle preliminary contract and pricing negotiations.
- Management of the off-net quoting organization aimed to Provide operational support to the sales organization by processing pre-sales opportunities for quotations on dedicated private-line services (Metro Ethernet) from North American telecommunications providers. This is to support the sale of Cogent's Internet access and Ethernet transport products.
- Oversee vendor contracts; manage relationships to assist with vendor account receivables.
- Assist with the development of processes aimed at improved operational efficiency, including management of projects related to improved processes and tools and ongoing support.
- Bachelor's Degree 7-10 years of relevant work experience with a track record of success in vendor management and contract negotiations,
- Detailed knowledge of all aspects of Telecom industry to include IP, Data and Ethernet transport.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Limited Travel likely
Cogent Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.