On-Net Service Delivery Coordinator - Washington, DC
Cogent Communications is a multinational, Tier 1 facilities-based ISP, consistently ranked as one of the top five networks in the world and is publicly traded on the NASDAQ Stock Market under the ticker symbol CCOI. Cogent specializes in providing businesses with high speed Internet access and Ethernet transport services. Cogent's facilities-based, all-optical IP network backbone provides IP services in over 206 markets globally. Since its inception, Cogent has unleashed the benefits of IP technology, building one of the largest and highest capacity IP networks in the world. This network enables Cogent to offer large bandwidth connections at highly competitive prices. Cogent also offers superior customer support by virtue of its end-to-end control of service delivery and network monitoring. Cogent offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package that takes effect within 30 days of employment. Matching 401k and stock options are also included.
- Primary point of contact for customers for post-sale circuit implementation phase of all Ethernet services (DIA and Ethernet transport) and colocation products.
- Provide direct customer communication on welcome materials, order information, IP addresses, timeline coordination, and ultimate test and turn-up assistance.
- Liase with internal Cogent departments such as Capacity Planning, Engineering, and Field Services to coordinate a timely installation.
- Coordinate customer scheduling with Cogent personnel or external providers.
- Complete customer orders upon successful test and acceptance; and begin billing process.
- Initiate handoff to post-sale support organization for monitoring and maintenance.
- Excellent written and oral customer communication skills. Ability to adapt and respond to various/unique implementation situations, manage customers expectation, resolve issues that arise, and ensure a positive customer experience in the implementation phase.
- A working knowledge and understanding of principles of Internet networking at Layer 2 and Layer 3, such as IP addressing, BGP, VLAN/EVC provision, etc.
- Actual engineering and equipment configuration is not required, but ability to provide oversight as well as support customer questions and turn-up is necessary.
- Expert knowledge of interconnect procedures in carrier neutral datacenters, including LOA/CFA issuance, cable ordering procedures, troubleshooting processes.
Cogent Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.