Customer Account Manager (CAM) - Herndon, VA
Cogent Communications is a multinational, Tier 1 facilities-based ISP, consistently ranked as one of the top five networks in the world and is publicly traded on the NASDAQ Stock Market under the ticker symbol CCOI. Cogent specializes in providing businesses with high speed Internet access and point-to-point transport services. Cogent's facilities-based, all-optical IP network backbone provides IP services in over 205 markets globally. Since its inception, Cogent has unleashed the benefits of IP technology, building one of the largest and highest capacity IP networks in the world. This network enables Cogent to offer large bandwidth connections at highly competitive prices. Cogent also offers superior customer support by virtue of its end-to-end control of service delivery and network monitoring. A generous base salary, structured tenure pay increases and an uncapped commissions plan offers you an unlimited earnings potential. A full benefits package takes effect within 30 days of employment. Matching 401k and stock options are also included.
- Manage an existing customer base
- Proactively maintaining an excellent relationship and identifying new business opportunities within those accounts
- Use direct calling, email and contact efforts to identify, qualify, and generate new business opportunities by working directly with decision makers within Cogent's corporate customer base
- Utilizing consultative and relationship building selling techniques to up-sell Cogent's corporate products into a base of current customer accounts
- 1-4+ years of solid, B2B sales experience preferably in the technology arena
- Prior sales experience is highly preferred
- Excellent writing and verbal communications is a must
- Able to work in a fast paced, team environment with revenue deadlines
- A track record of success and recent experience is required
- Professional knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce are a plus
- A college degree is preferred
Cogent Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.