Assistant Director, Carrier Relations - Washington, DC
Cogent Communications is a multinational, Tier 1 facilities-based ISP, consistently ranked as one of the top five networks in the world and is publicly traded on the NASDAQ Stock Market under the ticker symbol CCOI. Cogent specializes in providing businesses with high speed Internet access, Ethernet transport, and Colocation services. Cogent's facilities-based, all-optical IP network backbone provides IP services in over 204 markets located in North America and Europe. Since its inception, Cogent has unleashed the benefits of IP technology, building one of the largest and highest capacity IP networks in the world. This network enables Cogent to offer large bandwidth connections at highly competitive prices. Cogent also offers superior customer support by virtue of its end-to-end control of service delivery and network monitoring. Cogent offers a competitive salary, full benefits package that takes effect within 30 days of employment, matching 401k and stock options.
Cogent Off-net opportunities, like our network, span the globe and requires a seasoned professional to keep the big picture in focus. You will lead the off-net quoting team, project management team and internal system upgrades within the United States and Canada related to off-net quoting. The position is based out of our Washington DC Headquarters and will report directly to Director, Carrier Relations for North America.
This position is responsible for leading complex, multi-disciplinary projects in a high-paced environment. You will own, plan and execute large system enhancements related to our 3rd party vendors and off-net network. This includes managing project schedules, pricing/terms, capacity, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals and outcomes. Your work spans multiple internal and external parties, and it is your job to keep all the players coordinated. Communication and records will play a large role in unification of all partners.
By drawing on a broad set of technical and business experiences, you will establish cross-functional collaboration, develop and execute strategies, oversee internal migration projects, manage quoting and contracting activities. Your leadership across many domains will culminate in the expansion of Cogent’s off-net sales and increased savings.
- Management of the off-net quoting organization aimed to provide operational support with the highest level of superb customer experience to the sales organization by processing pre-sales opportunities for quotations on dedicated private-line services (Metro Ethernet) from North American telecommunications providers. This is to support the sale of Cogent's Internet access and Ethernet transport products.
- Management of the Carrier Relations Project Management team responsible for internal customer migrations.
- Translation and execution of all Type II vendor agreements for real-world application.
- Secondary negotiator of all Type II vendor agreements with nationwide telecommunications providers as required.
- Develop vendor relationships and assist with preliminary contract and pricing negotiations.
- Bachelor's Degree 7-10 years of relevant work experience with a track record of success
- Detailed knowledge of all aspects of Telecom industry within US and Canada
- Advanced comprehension of Microsoft Office with a strong emphasis in Excel
- Must be able to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills
- Well organized, results-oriented, ability to forecast and meet deadlines
- Solid problem solving, quality focus, project management, and process improvement skills
- Experience with strategic business planning and execution
- Experience with contract and dispute management
- Knowledge of Service & Delivery and Provisioning
Cogent Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.